HMF Engineering Forums  

Go Back   HMF Engineering Forums > Utility Quads > Brute Force 650/650i
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2006, 12:23 PM

Default New exhaust for new Brute Force 750

I want to purchase a new exhaust for my 750 Brute Force. Which one will give me the most horsepower boost on low end, and maintain power throughout?
Old 07-22-2006, 12:45 PM
DD/HMF

The Penland Series will give the same peak horsepower numers as our Utility Series but a greater low end torque increase. Remember, torque is what gets you going.
Dan/HMF
Old 11-30-2008, 02:39 PM

Default bf 750 2005 carb

2005 kawasaki bruteforce 750 carb,hmf full penland pipe,k&n filter,Dynatek chip
i'm in the process of trying to fine tune my jetting ,here is my take on this so far i've tried the recomemded 155 front 165 rear but the problem here is that they (hmf) done the dyno testing with a 60 degree shop and with stock iar filter (if someone is spending 500.00 plus dollars on a hmf pipe you would think he or she probably already have ghanged the stock air filter and maybe even chiped the bike so why are they doing testing on a stock bike only ,but thats not the hole problem here !!)
So 155 front 165 rear doesn't work with my set-up.
The front plug was white after a football field run with w/o trotle
the rear plug was not white so therefore i had no other main jets other than the stock ones and they are 152 front 158 rear ,so i tried the 158 in the front from the 155 that i tried and still white but not as much and also seemed to run a bit better but was still spiting and farting with no more than 50 km for top speed during plug test ..

So that was it for that night,cause i needed more main jets the 158 front was still white and the 165 rear was ok at least until i get the front jeted properly..

Problem again ! Nobody has any kein carb main jets and if they didthe only size available are only up to 165 thats what are kawasaki dealer said...

Just great !!now i need to jet up and there are no available jets bigger than what i already have..

Well after two weeks my bike is still not running cause i work to pay for pipes i buy,my job is not to test hmf pipe for hmf you would think after almost 4 years since the kawi bf 750 has been out someone would have put a k&n filter with an hmf pipe and found proper jetting or close enough that you could fine tune the pipe (when i bought ther pipe from leeson motor s sport ) west virginia i told them i had the k&n filter and dynatek chip and ask him about jetting then (before buying)he sais that he would send me the main jets that they used and that they work well ok i said.
I ordered the hmf pipe,dalton clutch kit only to find out when it got here that he sent me 3 main jets 140,145,147.5 wich were not even what hmf would rec. on a stock bf750.

i've tried a dynojet stage one kit the biggest jet in that kit was 165 some people said you can't go by numbers with dynojet cause they are not the same size as kein jets fair enough to protect there kits from others

So that kit didn't work also!
plug still white in front and back one ok for now at least its not white
Problem again now i went to dynojet kit because there was no bigger size than 165 from kein in an 8 mm jet.
And now the stage one kit does not work because jet size are two small biggest in kit is 165.
Fair enough $80.00 wasted,now i need bigger main jet but from dynojet so
the stage two wich i don't know how much or whats in it (getting tired of b/s at this point)
Where i got the dyno kit (royal distributing) they said they can only get kits not individual jets (and they don't have it in stock more waiting)

So getting back to your question about a pipe for your bf750 i'd say stay away.
they all want the money but the service after they got your money just ain't the same
Old 12-01-2008, 02:14 PM

Hey man engine tuning is just part of the game with these things. Once you get it figured out you'll be happy though. HMF has always been good to me when I call.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:27 PM
Tech Nerd Super Tuner

Yeah what he said. I responded to your E-mail with some informative suggestions. Please don't tell me about service. We pride ourselves in good customer service and tech support on the phone, on the web, and at the track. If you have any other suggestions I'm all ears. By the way it is impossible for me (or anyone for that matter) to tell you the exact tune up that your engine will need without being able to work on YOUR bike in YOUR conditions.
Team HMFRacing.com
Keep it between the trees!
Old 08-09-2010, 10:55 PM

Default Brute force jetting issues..

I just recently installed and HMF slip on on my 06 Brute 750, it has a stock airfilter, Dyna tech CDI.. I new I had to do jetting once installing this pipe, so i ended up gettin the Dyno jet stage 1 kit. I have never had problems with dyno jet jet kits ever, they have always worked great for me in the past with all my bikes and quads, however The Brute doenst like it at all haha, Its seems to miss fire / hesitate in the midrange and backfire after chopping the throttle. While riding it, my buddys behind me say there is flames constantly shooting out the pipe, and the packing is always glowing red, even when just putting on the trails.. not good. I experemented by takin the air box lid off just for fun and it ran much better but didnt rev out at all. almost seemed to run very rich!? weird... Is that because of the CV carbs? Anyways Can you give me some pointers? Greatly appreciated
Dave
Old 08-10-2010, 08:44 AM
Tech Nerd Super Tuner

Dave what size DJ jets are you running? Temp, elevation, snorkels?
Team HMFRacing.com
Old 08-10-2010, 04:31 PM

In the front 150 and 155 in the rear ( what they call for below 3000 ft, with high flow aftermarket pipe), stock airbox and filter, no snorkles, below 2000 ft, and roughly 75 to 80 deg F.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:56 PM
Tech Nerd Super Tuner

Try 142 front and 150 rear. This is what dyno jet #s are equal to the Keihin 155 and 165. Let me know how that works.
Team HMFRacing.com
Old 08-10-2010, 08:17 PM

Found the problem, the choke on the front carb was pulled out of the boddy a bit.. it works fine now, pretty dumb design if you ask me, nothin holds it in! it just pops in there, my buddys 650i is the same.. weird, anyway , found the problem and the Brute is happy again!